Re: Low performance on format volume

Hi Iban,

Most of these options fall under the osd section.  You can get descriptions of what they do here:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rados/configuration/osd-config-ref/

The journal settings are for the old filestore backend and aren't relevant unless you are using it.  Still, you can see those settings here:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rados/configuration/journal-ref/

Generally we try to pick reasonable middle-of-the-road defaults. Sometimes they work well and sometimes additional tuning can help.  We do recommend using care though.  People often change multiple options at once, see a performance improvement, and then word spreads and other people change the same set of things.  In fact it might have only been one of the options that improved things, and the other options that were changed cause problems that weren't immediately obvious.

Mark