mons on osd nodes with replication

Hallo together,

i am planning a Ceph cluster on 3 storage nodes (12 OSDs per Cluster
with Bluestorage). Each node has 192 GB of memory nad 24 cores of cpu.
I know it's recommended to have separated MON and ODS hosts, in order to
minimize disruption since monitor and OSD daemons are not inactive at
the same time.

But the servers are really pimped up and it's expensive to buy another 3
nodes for the MONs.

I thought, If the the OSDs will be replicated on the host level, and a
node goes down, this should not be a problem if the MON run on the same
OSD nodes, as i have another two nodes with the replicated OSDs and
another MON running there.

Is that right, or would i have some performance impact, if  one node
(containing a Mon and OSDs) out of 3 goes down ?

Thanks a lot,
Ali