ceph bluestore

Hallo everybody,

I have two questions regarding bluestore. I am struggling to understand
the documentation :/

I am planning to deploy 3 ceph nodes with 10xHDDs for OSD data, Raid 0
2xSSDs for block.db with replication on host level.

First Question :
Is it possible to deploy block.db on RAID 0 parition ? and Do i need to
backup the SSDs for block.db or the data will be replicated on the other
nodes ?

Second:
Under the BLOCK and BLOCK.DB <i am planning to deploy 3 ceph nodes with
HDDs for OSD, Raid 0 2xSSDs for block.db with replication on host level.
Do i need to backup the SSDs for block.db or the data will be replicated
on the other hosts?> section in the documentation is stated the i must
create volume groups and logical volumes, if i want to locate block.db
on another disk. It's not stated though the reason behind that. So why
it's not possible to just assign the block.db to the disk with E.g.
--block.db /dev/sdb without creating a logical volume?

Also what is the role for `ceph-volume lvm prepare` , if one should
create these logical volumes manually?

Thanks a lot,
Ali