Ceph Mon not able to authenticate

Hello,
We are running ceph 16.2.6 and having trouble with our mon’s everything is managed via ceph orch and running in containers. Since we switched our firewall in the DC (which also makes DNS) our ceph mon daemons are not able to authenticate when they are restarted.

The errormessage in the monitor log is:

debug 2022-03-24T14:25:12.716+0000 7fa0dc2df700 1 mon.2@-1(probing) e13 handle_auth_request failed to assign global_id

What we already tried to solve the problem:

  *   Removed the mon fully from the node (including all artifacts in the FS)
  *   Doublechecked if the mon is still in the monmap after removing it (it is not)
  *   Added other mons (which were previously no mons) to ensure a unique and synced monmap and tried adding the failing mon -> no success
  *   Shutted down a running mon (no one of the brand new) and tried bringing it up again -> same error

It seems not to be an error with the monmap, however manipulating the monmap manually is currently not possible, since the system is prod and we cannot shutdown the whole FS.

Another Blogpost, I do not find the link anymore, say the problem could be related to the dns resolution somehow, that may the dns name behind the IP has changed. For each of our initial mons, we have 3 different DNS names, which are returned on a reverse lookup, since we switched the Firewall, may to order those names are returned has changed. Don’t know if this could be to problem.

Does may anyone has an Idea how to solve the Problem?

Kind Regards,
Thomas Bruckmann