Re: Cephfs default data pool (inode backtrace) no longer a thing?

The backtraces are written out asynchronously by the MDS to those
objects, so there can be a delay between file creation and when they
appear. In fact I think backtraces only get written when the inode in
question is falling out of the MDS journal, so if you have a
relatively small number of flies which are consistently getting
updated, they can go arbitrarily long without the backtrace object
getting written out to RADOS objects.

Side note: I think you should be able to specify your EC pool as the
default data pool for a filesystem, which would prevent you from
needing a separate replicated pool storing those backtraces. Unless we
still have a programmed limit from back when EC pools couldn't handle
omap?
-Greg