Re: Migrating OSDs to dockerized ceph

Hi,

are you also planning to switch to cephadm? In that case you could just adopt all the daemons [1], I believe docker would also work (I use it with podman).

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/cephadm/adoption.html

Zitat von Zachary Winnerman <zacharyw09264@xxxxxxxxx>:

I have an existing install of Ceph and I'm trying to migrate to a dockerized install. I setup the OSDs with LVM activation originally, but I can't figure out how to get LVM based OSDs working inside docker. I see in the setup scripts that there is some limited support for this, but I can't quite wrap my head around what I'm supposed to do.

Is there some preferred method of migrating to dockerized Ceph? Hopefully without removing LVM from the OSDs since that would take a long time to migrate data. Also is LVM based OSDs still a recommended activation method? I see it in the documentation but since docker doesn't advertise support for it, it seems like LVM is not a recommended activation method anymore.

Thanks,
Zach