Re: OSD(s) reporting legacy (not per-pool) BlueStore omap usage stats

Hi,

After Nautilus there were two omap usage stats upgrades:
Octopus (v15) fsck (on by default) enables per-pool omap usage stats.
Pacific (v16) fsck (off by default) enables per-pg omap usage stats.
(fsck is off by default in pacific because it takes quite some time to
update the on-disk metadata, and btw the pacific fsck had a data
corrupting bug until 16.2.7 [1]).

You're getting a warning because you skipped over Octopus (which is
ok!) but this jump means you miss the per-pool omap stats upgrade.
Confusingly, the per-pool omap warning is *on* by default, hence the
warning message.

You can disable the per-pool warning with:
    ceph config set global bluestore_warn_on_no_per_pool_omap false

Or you can decide to fsck the OSDs now with 16.2.7. This will add
per-pg omap stats and clear the warning.

This is documented here:
    https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rados/operations/health-checks/#bluestore-no-per-pool-omap

Cheers, Dan