Re: OSD crash with "no available blob id" / Zombie blobs

Hi Gilles,

the PR you mentioned is present in Octopus but it looks like it's ineffective/inappropriate against the issue.

Hence I think there is no much sense in upgrading to Pacific if that's the only reason for you...

Actually I've been trying to catch the bug for a long time but that's been unsuccessful so far. Not every cluster is affected by the issue, apparently some tricky(?) use pattern triggers it.

Curious how long does it take for you OSDs to get to the assertion after the repair?

And could you please share any additional details about cluster's usage? So major use case is RBD, right? Replicated or EC pools? How often snapshots are taken if any?

Thanks,

Igor