Cluster crash after 2B objects pool removed

Hi,

I've removed the old RGW data pool with 2B objects because in multisite seems like the user remove with data purge doesn't work, so need to cleanup somehow.
Luckily I've expected that the cluster will crash so no user in it, but I wonder how this can be done on a smooth way.

I've deleted the pool 23 Feb 2-3pm and the I'd say 90-95% osd down happened around 7:30am on 24.
I've manually compacted all the osds so it got's back to normal, but I'd be curious what operations happens in the morning 7:30am in ceph?

The only way that I guess this can be prevented, if this cleanup operation happens 7:30 am, I should do this kind of delete thing like 8am, compact all the osd before the next day 7:30am, so might be not crash?

Istvan Szabo
Senior Infrastructure Engineer