Reducing ceph cluster size in half

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on reducing my ceph cluster in half. I currently have 40 hosts and 160 osds on a cephadm managed pacific cluster. The storage space is only 12% utilized. I want to reduce the cluster to 20 hosts and 80 osds while keeping the cluster operational. I'd prefer to do this in as few operations as possible instead of draining each host at a time and having to rebalance pgs 20 times. I think I should probably half the number of pgs at the same time too. Does anyone have any advice on how I can safely achieve this?

Thanks,
Jason