Re: Cluster healthy, but 16.2.7 osd daemon upgrade says its unsafe to stop them?

“Up” is the set of OSDs which are alive from the calculated crush mapping.
“Acting” includes those extras which have been added in to bring the PG up
to proper size. So the PG does have 3 live OSDs serving it.

But perhaps the safety check *is* looking at up instead of acting? That
seems like a plausible bug. (Also, if crush is failing to map properly,
that’s not a great sign for your cluster health or design.)