Re: PG_SLOW_SNAP_TRIMMING and possible storage leakage on 16.2.5

Hello,

  As an update: we were able to clear the queue by repeering all PGs
which had outstanding entries in their snaptrim queues. After this
process completed and we confirmed that no PGs remained with non-zero
length queues, we re-enabled our snapshot schedule. Several days have
now passed and we again see 109 PGs with a cumulative snaptrim queue
length of 33,806. It does not appear as if the system is automatically
processing these items. I have added our experience to the outstanding
bug Dan mentioned however I was hoping others here might have some
further thoughts:

1. Is there a reason these PGs queues seem not to be automatically
processing items?

2. We can script periodically checking for PGs outstanding items in
their snaptrim queues and  programmatically repeering them to ensure the
trimming process proceeds, but is there any danger in this approach?

Thank you,

-David