Re: Multipath and cephadm

Would like to know that as well.

I have the same setup - cephadm, Pacific, CentOS8, and a host with a number of HDDs which are all connect by 2 paths.
No way to use these without multipath

> ceph orch daemon add osd serverX:/dev/sdax

> Cannot update volume group ceph-51f8b9b0-2917-431d-8a6d-8ff90440641b with duplicate PV devices

(because sdax == sdce, etc.)

and with multipath, it fails with

> ceph orch daemon add osd serverX:/dev/mapper/mpathbq

> podman: stderr -->  IndexError: list index out of range

Quite strange that the 'future of storage' does not know how to handle multipath devices?

Regrads,
Thomas