Re: switch restart facilitating cluster/client network.

I would still set noout on relevant parts of the cluster in case something
goes south and it does take longer than 2 minutes. Otherwise OSDs will
start outing themselves after 10 minutes or so by default and then you have
a lot of churn going on.

The monitors monitors will be fine unless you lose quorum, but even so
they'll just recover once the switch comes back. You just won't be able to
make changes to the cluster if you lose mon quorum, nor will the OSDs start
recovering etc. until that occurs.

Depending on which version of Ceph/libvirt/etc. you are running, I have
seen issues with older releases of the same where a handful of VMs get
indefinitely stuck with really high I/Owait afterwards and needed to be
manually rebooted on occasion when doing something like this.

As another user mentioned, the kernels softlockup handler kicks in after
120 seconds by default so you'll see lots of stacktraces in the VMs due to
processes blocked on I/O if the reboot and repeering doesn't all happen
within exactly two minutes.

If you can afford to shutdown all the VMs in the cluster, it might be for
the best as they'll be losing I/O...