Re: Scope of Pacific 16.2.6 OMAP Keys Bug?

Hello, Igor!

I just ran "ceph config set osd bluestore_warn_on_no_per_pg_omap true". No warnings yet. Would I need to restart any services for that to take effect?

When I upgraded from Nautilus to Pacific 16.2.4 in July and then 16.2.4 to 16.2.6 in mid-October I upgraded the OSD packages, restarted the OSD services, waited for HEALTH_OK, and then rebooted the OSD hosts one at a time. I've had a handful of drive failures since installing 16.2.6 so brand new OSDs would have started up with bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount set to "true" (not sure if that counts). But to answer your question, all of my OSDs have restarted at least once since upgrading to 16.2.6 in the form of a full host reboot. I have not seen any unplanned OSD restarts.

I just checked one of my 16.2.6 clusters and I see the following (I think this particular cluster was "born" on Nautilus). I'll check my other 16.2.6 cluster in a bit as it's currently backfilling from a drive failure earlier this morning.
(S, per_pool_omap)
00000000  32                                                |2|
00000001

Would the per-pg OMAP task have run during my upgrade from Nautilus/Octopus to Pacific 16.2.4? (I think YES.) Was the bug introduced specifically in 16.2.6 or was it present in older versions, too? Am I possibly spared because I upgraded to 16.2.4 first before the OMAP bug was introduced? Again, I have not seen any unplanned OSD restarts.

Thanks, Igor!!

~Jay