Re: Ceph orch command hangs forever

Hi Boldayer,
I had a similar issue with radosgw-admin sync status.

It was actually a problem with the mons that were not listening on the
correct IP addresses.
You can check with `ceph mon stat` if the mon got the correct IP addresses.
With `ceph -m IPADDRESS status` you can check if the mons are answering.
(IPADDRESS is the actual IP of one of you mons)

After finding what the problem was, I readded the mons 1by1 with this:

If your mon had the wrong IP address once, it will try to stick to it
forever.

To assign a specific IP address to a mon follow these steps:

   1. Remove the mon:

# assuming there is only one mon and you are connected to the host
that got the mon
systemctl stop ceph-mon.target
ceph mon rm `hostname -s`
rm -rf /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-*

   1. fixate ip address in ceph.conf

[mon.`hostname -s`]
public_addr = IP Address
public_bind_addr = IP Address

   1. readd the host to the monmap

ceph mon getmap -o /tmp/monmap
sudo -u ceph ceph-mon --cluster ceph --mkfs -i `hostname -s` --monmap
/tmp/monmap
systemctl restart ceph-mon.target
rm /tmp/monmap

   1. cleanup ceph.conf

Maybe it helps.
Cheers
 Boris

Am Mo., 10. Jan. 2022 um 12:43 Uhr schrieb Boldbayar Jantsan <
netware.bb@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Octopus version which was deployed by Cephadm.
> After one of mon nodes rebooted, ceph orch command does not work and is not
> responsive.
> It looks very similar to the below issue.
>
> https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/BCINR25YUKC6CWZGRZWEG5ULB34O5FSA/#AUZSLSRJJUE5CRFPWFOBMUN4IWSGTIFE
>
> Is there anyone who faced this issue and solve this problem?

Die Selbsthilfegruppe "UTF-8-Probleme" trifft sich diesmal abweichend im
groüen Saal.