Configure settings that don't work with ceph config when using cephadm

Hi all,

we moved to cephadm several weeks ago.
While we're currently troubleshooting some other issues we wanted to modify
settings like ms_async_op_threads (
https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/rados/configuration/ms-ref/#async-messenger-options
)

Unfortunately, settings like the one above are not respected when
configured via ceph config cli command.
I tried:
ceph config set global ms_async_op_threads 10
ceph config set mon ms_async_op_threads 10

When I add the config options directly to the minimal conf file generated
by cephadm (/var/lib/ceph/{{ uuid }}/mon.{{ hostname }}/config) they work.
But this is not a long term solution since this configuration file is
managed by cephadm and resets itself when you redeploy/upgrade an daemon or
does also not exist on new daemons deployed.

Is there any cephadm feature that allows me to add stuff to the ceph config
file generated by cephadm? (Or anything else that solves my problem?)

Thanks,

~ Roman