Re: Bug in RGW header x-amz-date parsing

hi Subu,

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 12:10 PM Subu Sankara Subramanian
<subu.zsked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Is there a bug in ceph RGW date parsing?
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_auth_s3.cc#L223 - this
> line parses the date in x-amz-date as RFC 2616. BUT the format specified by
> Amazon S3 is ISO 8601 basic - YYYYMMDDTHHMMSSZ (
> https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/APIReference-V2/CommonParameters.html).

this is a link to the Amazon Simple Email Service v2 API, it doesn't
refer to aws v2 signatures. v2 signatures for s3 are documented at
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/RESTAuthentication.html#RESTAuthenticationTimeStamp,
which states that "The value of the x-amz-date header must be in one
of the RFC 2616 formats (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt)."