Re: snapshot based rbd-mirror in production

Hi Eugen,

On 12/6/21 10:31, Eugen Block wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone is using this relatively new feature (I believe
> since Octopus?) in production. I haven't read too much about it in
> this list, so it's not really clear if nobody is using it or if it
> works like a charm without any issues. One of our customers is
> planning to deploy it in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has
> some insights to share.

I have extensively tested rbd-mirror snapshot mode and seen no visible
client performance impact and much better replication speed than the
journal mode. We have no practical production experience on it yet, but
we will soon rollout this into a "beta" phase for our users!

Cheers,

--
Arthur Outhenin-Chalandre