Re: One pg stuck in active+undersized+degraded after OSD down

On 11/23/21 08:21, David Tinker wrote:
Yes it recovered when I put the OSD back in. The issue is that it fails to sort itself out when I remove that OSD even though I have loads of space and 8 other OSDs in 4 different zones to choose from. The weights are very different (some 3.2 others 0.36) and that post I found suggested that this might cause trouble for the crush algorithm. So I was thinking about making them more even before removing the OSD.

Sure, that sounds like a good plan. If the balancer is not able to optimize at this point, the improved balancer bij Jonas Jelten might do the trick here [1], also see ML thread [2].

Do you have many different pools?

What Weiwen Hu said in reply to this threads sounds very plausible. You might dump your crush map, remove OSD.7, and check if the mappings can still be made.

Gr. Stefan

[1]: https://github.com/TheJJ/ceph-balancer
[2]: https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/QXTFTYRD43XB3JRDSTMH657ISSMZ6QTU/