Re: how many developers are working on ceph?

If you pay enough :D

Istvan Szabo
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
e: istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx>

On 2021. Nov 19., at 13:36, Martin Verges <martin.verges@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Email received from the internet. If in doubt, don't click any link nor open any attachment !
________________________________

Hello Marc,

3. someone mentioned the option for paid 'bug' fixing, but I have never
heard or seen anything about this here. How would one apply for this?
Would be good, but this can only be done by the companies working on Ceph.
However I would vote for hiring devs in the Ceph Foundation and do actual
development.

4. Afaik it is suggested to get paid 'hands on' support from companies
active on the mailing list. But is it also possible to get this directly
from the ceph 'organization'?
It's part of the Ceph ecosystem, Ceph is no organization and has absolute
no processes, personell or structure to be a support organization.
Therefore companies like ours do the support around Ceph.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695  | Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263
Web: https://croit.io | YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx

The recent discussions made me wonder about:

1. how many paid full time developers are currently working on ceph?
2. how many hours are contributed by the community?