Re: Recursive delete hangs on cephfs

Gregory,
Thank you for your reply, I do understand that a number of serialized
lookups may take time.  However if 3.25 sec is OK,  11.2 seconds sounds
long, and I had once removed a large subdirectory which took over 20
minutes to complete.  I attempted to use nowsync mount option with kernel
5.15 and it seems to hide latency (i.e. it is almost immediately returns
prompt after recursive directory removal.  However, I am not sure whether
nowsync is safe to use with kernel >= 5.8.  I also have kernel 5.3 on one
of the client clusters and nowsync there is not supported, however all rm
operations happen reasonably fast.  So the second question is, does 5.3's
libceph behave differently on recursing rm compared to 5.4 or 5.8?