ceph-data-scan: Watching progress and choosing the number of threads

I deleted a filesystem that should not have been deleted on a seven node 1.2P cluster running Octopus. After looking through various docs and threads I am running ‘ceph-data-scan’ to try and rebuild the metadata from the data pool. The example for ceph-data-scan in the documentation uses four threads but a little more research showed that four was likely very low for my cluster and so I stopped those jobs and restarted with 512 threads. Is there a rule of thumb to determine how many threads you should use? Something based on available resources on the cluster, file count or perhaps the size of the data pool? My current run is winding down with about 80 threads and I would like to know if upping the thread count will help the second phase run any faster than the first. Secondly, other than monitoring the number of threads that are currently running, how can I monitor the overall progress of the ceph-data-scan job?

Thanks for your help,

Erik