Re: Best way to add multiple nodes to a cluster?

Hi,

I see 2 ways :
Add your OSD with 0 weight, and slowly increase their weight or add OSD 1 by 1.
It’s easy but “stupid” as some PG will move many times.

Check https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/message/OKCWC5KNQF2FD3V4WI2IGMQBGOYY2LL2/ <https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/message/OKCWC5KNQF2FD3V4WI2IGMQBGOYY2LL2/>
You can ‘link’ current PG to their osd with upmap, add OSD, then slowly remove upmap so pg move to their right place.
You must be able to use upmap (it requires at least luminous for client and cluster), it will allow you to move PG only once.
It's a bit more complex than just changing OSD weight.

You can also change some settings to modify rebalance speed.

-
Etienne Menguy
etienne.menguy@xxxxxxxx