Re: ceph IO are interrupted when OSD goes down

Hi,

with this EC setup your pool min_size would be 11 (k+1), so in case one host goes down (or several OSDs fail on this host), your clients should not be affected. But as soon as a second host fails you’ll notice IO pause until at least one host has recovered. Do you have more than 12 hosts in this cluster so it could recover one host failure?

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Denis Polom <denispolom@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I have a EC pool with these settings:

crush-device-class= crush-failure-domain=host crush-root=default jerasure-per-chunk-alignment=false k=10 m=2 plugin=jerasure technique=reed_sol_van w=8

and my understanding is if some of the OSDs goes down because of read error or just flapping due to some reason (mostly read errors , bad sectors in my case) clients IO shouldn't be disturbed because we have other object replicas and Ceph sould manage it. But clients IOs are disturbed, cephfs mount point gets inaccessible on clients even if they are mounting cephfs against all 3 monitors.

It's not happening always just sometimes. Is it right understanding that it can happen if read error or flapping occures  on active OSD?

Thx!