Re: Do people still use LevelDBStore?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 1:38 PM mj <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Op 15-10-2021 om 11:03 schreef Dan van der Ster:
> > Bluestore will be rocks (100% of the time IIUC).
> >
> > FileStore may be level -- check `ceph daemon osd.X perf dump` and look
> > for a rocksdb section.
>
> So, we *are* bluestore, but your command returns leveldb:
>
> > root@pve1:~# cat /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-0/kv_backend
> > leveldb

This means that that mon is using leveldb for it's monstore. (That's
where the central cluster maps are stored, for example).

> At the same time, this returns rockdb:
>
> > root@pve1:~# ceph daemon osd.1 perf dump | grep rock
> >     "rocksdb": {
> >         "rocksdb_write_wal_time": {
> >         "rocksdb_write_memtable_time": {
> >         "rocksdb_write_delay_time": {
> >         "rocksdb_write_pre_and_post_time": {
>
> Does it make sense?

And this OSD is bluestore/rocksdb. Yes it all makes sense.

You'll need to redeploy the mons so that their new monstore is rocksdb.

The procedure depends on your orchestration. In our case it will be
something like

systemctl stop ceph-mon.target
cd /var/lib/ceph/mon
mv ceph-x ceph-x.bak
# run puppet

This is like restarting a mon with a new empty monstore, so it
synchronizes with the other mons to re-join the quorum.
Clearly you need to do this one at a time; and if anything goes wrong
with the recreation, just mv the mon store back into it's original
path and restart it.

Cheers, Dan