Re: RFP for arm64 test nodes

Hello Dan,

why not using a bit bigger machines and use VMs for tests? We have quite
good experience with that and it works like a charm. If you plan them as
hypervisors, you can run a lot of tests simultaneous. Use the 80 core ARM,
put 512GB or more in them and use some good NVMe like P55XX or so. In
addition put 2*25GbE/40GbE in the servers and you need only a few of them
to simulate a lot. This would save costs, makes it easier to maintain, and
you are much more flexible. For example running tests on different OS,
injecting latency, simulating errors and more.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695  | Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263
Web: https://croit.io | YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx