Re: Cephfs + inotify

 I don’t think this is possible, since CephFS is a network mounted
filesystem. The inotify feature requires the kernel to be aware of file
system changes. If the kernel is unaware of changes in a tracked directory,
which is the case for all network mounted filesystems, then it can’t inform
any watching process.

If you use an RBD image, that should work, however. In that case the kernel
sees the RDB image as a raw block device, and is in full control of the
mounted filesystem.

~ Sean