Re: MDS replay questions

Hi Brian

I'm not sure if it applies to your application, and I'm not an expert.
However, we have been running our solution for about a year now, and we
have one of our MDS's in standby-replay.

Sadly we have found a bug with extensive memory usage, and when we needed
to replay, it took up to a minute, even with standby-replay. However, our
solution is an online site, so a minute is the same as ages.

I have also read that you are now allowed to run multiple MDS's on a file
system. It will, of course, add more memory usage, and it could also lead
to less performance. But the feature should be fully supported in the
Pacific release.

I'm curious what the correct solution is here.

Best regards
Daniel