Re: Daemon Version Mismatch (But Not Really?) After Deleting/Recreating OSDs

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 7:57 AM Edward R Huyer <erhvks@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Over the summer, I upgraded my cluster from Nautilus to Pacific, and converted to use cephadm after doing so.  Over the past couple weeks, I've been converting my OSDs to use NVMe drives for db+wal storage.  Schedule a node's worth of OSDs to be removed, wait for that to happen, delete the PVs and zap the drives, let the orchestrator do its thing.
>
> Over this past weekend, the cluster threw up a HEALTH_WARN due to mismatched daemon versions.  Apparently the recreated OSDs are reporting different version information from the old daemons.
>
> New OSDs:
>
> -          Container Image Name:  docker.io/ceph/daemon-base:latest-pacific-devel
>
> -          Container Image ID: d253896d959e
>
> -          Version: 16.2.5-226-g7c9eb137

I haven't done any work with cephadm, but this container name and the
version tag look like you've installed the in-development next version
of Pacific, not the released 16.2.5. Did you perhaps manage to put a
phrase similar to "pacific-dev" somewhere instead of "pacific"?