Re: Rbd mirror

Hi,

On 10/1/21 11:25, Eugen Block wrote:
I don't know for sure but I believe you can have only one rbd mirror
daemon per cluster. So you can either configure one-way or two-way
mirroring between two clusters. With your example the third cluster
would then require two mirror daemons which is not possible AFAIK. I
can't tell if there's any development going on in that direction, so
my answer would be "no, you can't do that".

I am not sure if this is what you meant, but actually you can have multiple rbd-mirror daemons per cluster. It's the number of peers that are limited to one remote peer per pool. So technically if using different pools, you should be able to have three clusters connected as long as you have only one remote peer per pool. I never tested it though...

For further multi-peer support, I am currently working on adding support for it! We are interested by the possibility of adding a second remote peer to facilitate migration of the replication process to a third cluster without stopping the replication to the remote cluster.

Cheers,

--
Arthur Outhenin-Chalandre