Re: MDS: corrupted header/values: decode past end of struct encoding: Malformed input

i can not see what i have done wrong, this are my update steps: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Octopus_to_Pacific#Upgrade_all_CephFS_MDS_daemons

________________________________
Von: Stefan Kooman <stefan@xxxxxx>
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Oktober 2021 11:00:10
An: von Hoesslin, Volker; ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Betreff: [URL wurde verändert]  Re: MDS: corrupted header/values: decode past end of struct encoding: Malformed input

Externe E-Mail! Öffnen Sie nur Links oder Anhänge von vertrauenswürdigen Absendern!
On 10/1/21 07:07, von Hoesslin, Volker wrote:
> hi!
>
> my cephfs is broken and i can not recover the mds-daemons. yesterday i have update my ceph-cluster from v15 to v16 and i thought all working fine.

Do you use cephadm? There was (is?) an issue with the way cephadm
upgrades the MDS, see the fix: https://sis-schwerin.de/externer-link/?href=https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/43214.
The procedure for updating MDS has changed:
https://sis-schwerin.de/externer-link/?href=https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/cephfs/upgrading/#upgrading-the-mds-cluster

Look on the mailinglist for "Cephfs - MDS all up:standby, not becoming
up:active" thread. If that is indeed the case, the solution would be to
set a cephfs flag: ceph fs compat cephfs add_incompat 7 "mds uses inline
data"

But make sure you are indeed facing the same issue. You don't want to
mess around with MDS.

Gr. Stefan