Re: OSDs unable to mount BlueFS after reboot

On 9/20/21 12:00, Davíð Steinn Geirsson wrote:

Does the SAS controller run the latest firmware?

As far as I can tell yes. Avago's website does not seem to list these
anymore, but they are running firmware version 20 which is the latest I
can find references to in a web search.

This machine has been chugging along like this for years (it was a single-
node ZFS NFS server before) and I've never had any such issues before.

I'm not sure what your failure domain is, but I would certainly want to try
to reproduce this issue.

I'd be interested to hear any ideas you have about that. The failure domain
is host[1], but this is a 3-node cluster so there isn't much room for taking
a machine down for longer periods. Taking OSDs down is no problem.

Reboot for starters. And a "yank the power cord" next.

The two other machines in the cluster have very similar hardware and software
so I am concerned about seeing the same there on reboot. Backfilling these
16TB spinners takes a long time and is still running, I'm not going to reboot
either of the other nodes until that is finished.

Yeah, definitely don't reboot any other node until cluster is HEALTH_OK. But that's also the point, if those 3 hosts are all in the same rack and connected to the same power bar, sooner or later this might happen involuntarily. And if there is important data on there, you want to take mitigate the risks now, not when it's too late.

Gr. Stefan