Cache tiering adding a storage tier

Hi Everyone.

I'm "new" to Ceph, only been administrating a cluster for about a year now,
so there is a lot more for me to learn about the subject.

The latest concept I've been looking into is Cache Tiering. I added it to
my home cluster without a problem and didn't see a degradation in
performance, and it seemed just to work.

The documentation is pretty straightforward to follow. First, add a hot
pool and then enable the tier and overlay for that hot pool. Then configure
a bunch of values, and it will do its thing.

In our production environment, we are running the hot pool, a lot of NVME
disks with low latency. But as we work with a lot of archival data, it
would be nice to move it over to spinning disks for a long time archive.

How do I add cold storage to a running cluster without disrupting the
current operation?

Thank you for reading my email.

Best regards
Daniel