Re: OSD Service Advanced Specification db_slots

On 10/09/2021 15:20, Edward R Huyer wrote:

Question 2:  If db_slots still *doesn't* work, is there a coherent
way to divide up a solid state DB drive for use by a bunch of OSDs
when the OSDs may not all be created in one go?  At first I thought
it was related to limit, but re-reading the advanced specification
for a 4th time, I don't think that's the case.  Of course this
question is moot if db_slots actually works.

I've previously done this outside Ceph - i.e. have our existing
automation chop the NVMEs up into partitions, and then just tell Ceph to
use an NVME partition per OSD.

[not attempted this with cephadm, this was ceph-ansible]

Regards,

Matthew