Re: List pg with heavily degraded objects

On 10/09/2021 14:49, George Shuklin wrote:
Hello.

I wonder if there is a way to see how many replicas are available for each object (or, at least, PG-level statistics). Basically, if I have damaged cluster, I want to see the scale of damage, and I want to see the most degraded objects (which has 1 copy, then objects with 2 copies, etc).

Are there a way? pg list is not very informative, as it does not show how badly 'unreplicated' data are.

Actually, the problem is more complicated than I expected. Here is the artificial cluster, where there is a sizable chunk of data are single, (cluster of thee servers with 2 OSD each, put some data, shutdown server #1, put some more data, kill server #3, start server#1, it's guaranteed that server #2 holds a single copy). This is snapshot of the ceph pg dump for it as soon as #2 booted, and I can't find a proof that some data are in a single copy: https://gist.github.com/amarao/fbc8ef3538f66a9f2c264f8555f5c29a