Re: List pg with heavily degraded objects

On 10/09/2021 15:19, Janne Johansson wrote:
Den fre 10 sep. 2021 kl 13:55 skrev George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello.
I wonder if there is a way to see how many replicas are available for
each object (or, at least, PG-level statistics). Basically, if I have
damaged cluster, I want to see the scale of damage, and I want to see
the most degraded objects (which has 1 copy, then objects with 2 copies,
etc).
Are there a way? pg list is not very informative, as it does not show
how badly 'unreplicated' data are.
ceph pg dump should list all PGs and how many active OSDs they have in
a list like this:
[12,34,78,56], [12,34,2134872348723,56]

for which four (in my example) that should hold a replica to this PG,
and the second list is who actually hold one, with 2^31-1 as a
placeholder for UNKNOWN-OSD-NUMBER where an OSD is missing.

It's not about been undersized.

Imagine a small cluster with three OSD. You have two OSD dead, than two more empty were added to the cluster.

Normally you'll see that each PG found a peer and there are no undersized PGs. But data, actually, wasn't replicated yet, the replication is in the process.

Is there any way to see if there are PG with 'holding a single data copy, but is replicating now'? I'm curious about this transition time between 'found a peer and doing recovery' and 'got at least two copies of data'.