Re: Cephadm not properly adding / removing iscsi services anymore

Thanks Eugen.

At first I tried cephadm rm-daemon on the bootstrap node that I usually do all management from and it indicated that it could not remove the daemon:

[root@cxcto-c240-j27-01 ~]# cephadm rm-daemon --name iscsi.cxcto-c240-j27-04.lgqtxo --fsid 4a29e724-c4a6-11eb-b14a-5c838f8013a5
ERROR: Daemon not found: iscsi.cxcto-c240-j27-04.lgqtxo. See `cephadm ls`

When I would do ‘cephadm ls’ I only saw services running locally on that server, not the whole cluster. I’m not sure if this is expected or not. I installed cephadm on the cxcto-c240-j27-04 server and issued the command and it worked. It looks like when I did this, suddenly the containers on the other two servers that were not supposed to be running the iscsi gateway were removed and everything appeared to be back to normal. I then added back one server to the yaml file and applied it on the original bootstrap node and it got deployed properly, so it appears that everything is working again. Somehow deleting that daemon on the 04 server got everything working again.

Still not exactly sure why that fixed it, but at least it’s working again. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Paul