tcmu-runner crashing on 16.2.5

I upgraded to Pacific 16.2.5 about a month ago and everything was working fine. Suddenly for the past few days I’ve started having the tcmu-runner container on my iSCSI gateways just disappear. I’m assuming this is because they have crashed. I deployed the services using cephadm / ceph orch in Docker containers.

It appears that when the service crashes, the container just disappears and it doesn’t look like tcmu-runner is exporting logs anywhere, so I can’t figure out any way to determine the root cause of these failures. When this happens, it appears to cause issues where I can’t reboot the machine (Running CentOS 8) and I need to power-cycle the server to recover.

I’m really not sure where to look to figure out why it’s suddenly failing. The failure is happening randomly on all 4 of the iSCSI gateways. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-Paul