Re: v15-2-14-octopus no docker images on docker hub ceph/ceph ?

> On 20 Aug 2021, at 09:17, Hans van den Bogert <hansbogert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Strange to change this in a patch version. This could have all kinds of nasty implications during upgrade. Firewalls being a prominent one. Or am I misunderstanding the change?
>
> It's also not mentioned prominently in the release notes.

I'm not entirely sure whether one should laugh or cry, but sadly it seems on par for the course that the new container deployment solution to simplify installations added a new complication with different repositories instead :-)

I suspect this might (?) be related to Docker introducing pull limits, but other OSS projects (including us) solved that by simply registering for their free OSS licenses.

I can see the long-term point of wanting a different repo, but at least to me that sounds like a change that should have been clearly advertised a year in advance and add warnings to the tools/status so people would have been prepared :-)

Cheers,

Erik