Re: Raid redundance not good

Den tis 17 aug. 2021 kl 12:17 skrev Network Admin
<network.admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
> first, apologize for my english writen :)
> I installed a Ceph system with 3 servers :
> - server 1 : all services
> - server 2 : all services
> - serveur 3 : no osd, only monitor
> I put files with Cepfs : all is good and ceph monitor indicate 2
> replicates.
> But when I down server 2, my datas are no more accessible.
> Why ? Isn't goal of Ceph to serve data in this case ?

No, you have no redundancy at this point, so the cluster chooses the
safe choice and stops IO until you can get redundancy back up again.
As Marc said you can override this, but by default ceph makes sure you
will not lose data or consistency, which is why it stops.

Ceph even prefers each pool having 3 copies, with min_size = 2 so that
you can allow both reads and writes when a single host is down, but
you need 3 (and preferably more) hosts for that.