Re: Multiple DNS names for RGW?

Den mån 16 aug. 2021 kl 08:53 skrev Burkhard Linke
<Burkhard.Linke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> we are running RGW behind haproxy for TLS termination and load
> balancing. Due to some major changes in our setup, we would like to
> start a smooth transition to a new hostname of the S3 endpoint. The
> haproxy part should be straightforward (adding a second frontend).
> But on the RGW side it might be more complex. Let's assume that the
> current DNS name is example.com, and I want to transition to
> example.org. The example.com name is set as rgw_dns_name in the ceph
> configuration for that rgw instance. It is also set as a single endpoint
> in the active zone/zonegroup.
> Is it sufficient to update the zonegroup setting and add a second
> endpoint for example.org? User should be able to access their bucket as
> bucket.example.org and bucket.example.com during the transition time.

We did something like this, but just added a new backend pool with new
rgw's that had the new DNS name configured, but everything else the
same, then as users moved from old to new name, we shifted rgw boxes
from old pool to new to match the load that was moving. No problems
with auth or bucket configs as far as we could notice. Now it's a
single VM that responds to the old name in case someone ever finds an
old script that needs to run a last time or so.