Re: Very slow I/O during rebalance - options to tune?

Yes, osd_op_queue_cut_off makes a significant difference. And as mentioned,
be sure to check your osd recovery sleep settings, there are several
depending on your underlying drives:

    "osd_recovery_sleep": "0.000000",
    "osd_recovery_sleep_hdd": "0.050000",
    "osd_recovery_sleep_hybrid": "0.050000",
    "osd_recovery_sleep_ssd": "0.050000",

Adjusting these will upwards will dramatically reduce IO, and take effect
immediately at the cost of slowing rebalance/recovery.

Sincerely,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 11:36 AM Peter Lieven <pl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 12.08.21 um 17:25 schrieb Frank Schilder:
> >> Wow, that is impressive and sounds opposite of what we see around
> >> here. Often rebalances directly and strongly impact client I/O.
> > It might be the missing settings:
> >
> > osd_op_queue = wpq
> > osd_op_queue_cut_off = high
>

> Afaik, the default for osd_op_queue_cut_off was set to low by mistake
> prior to Octopus.
>

> Peter

Steven Pine

*E * steven.pine@xxxxxxxxxx  |  *P * 516.938.4100 x
*Webair* | 501 Franklin Avenue Suite 200, Garden City NY, 11530
webair.com
[image: Facebook icon] <https://www.facebook.com/WebairInc/>  [image:
Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/WebairInc> [image: Linkedin icon]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/webair>
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and all attachments transmitted with
it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged proprietary and confidential information. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or if you are an employee or agent
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use
of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and delete it from your computer.