Re: Ceph Pacific mon is not starting after host reboot

Good morning Robert,

Am 10.08.21 um 09:53 schrieb Robert Sander:
Hi,

Am 09.08.21 um 20:44 schrieb Adam King:

This issue looks the same as https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/51027 which is being worked on. Essentially, it seems that hosts that were being rebooted were temporarily marked as offline and cephadm had an issue where it would try to remove all daemons (outside of osds I believe) from offline hosts.

Sorry for maybe being rude but how on earth does one come up with the idea to automatically remove components from a cluster where just one node is currently rebooting without any operator interference?

Obviously no one :-). We already have over 750 tests for the cephadm scheduler and I can foresee that we'll get some additional ones for this case as well.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Regards