Re: PG scaling questions

hi , thank you for replying

Does this method refer to manually setting the number of placement groups
while keeping autoscale_mode setting off ?
Also from what i can see from the documentation
the  target_max_misplaced_ratio  implies using the balancer feature, which
I am currently not using

If I understood correctly the existing PGs will be split in place and act
as primary for the backfills that will be required to distribute the data
evenly to all osds

Can i use the manual way to increase slowly pgp in the pool end when my PGs
have a more manageable size i will enable the balancer.

will there be a considerable amount of downtime splitting pgs and peering ?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions , i'm trying not to break stuff :)