Re: large directory /var/lib/ceph/$FSID/removed/

Alright, thanks for the confirmation.

Zitat von E Taka <0etaka0@xxxxxxxxx>:

Thanks, Eugen!

You are right, these directories are the left-overs from playing
around with "ceph orch apply …", trying to get rid of the wrong
warning message CEPHADM_STRAY_DAEMON. I hadn't noticed that before,
that it were just these daemons (just FYI, no further help needed
here).

Am Mi., 28. Juli 2021 um 09:10 Uhr schrieb Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx>:

Hi,

the docs [1] only state:

> /var/lib/ceph/<cluster-fsid>/removed contains old daemon data
> directories for stateful daemons (e.g., monitor, prometheus) that
> have been removed by cephadm.

So that directory should not grow, I'm not sure if does in your case
because you write "now 12 GB". Are you playing around and removing
daemons?
I haven't faced a scenario yet where I needed anything from the
removed directory, but I assume that you can delete some of its
content if your cluster is otherwise healthy.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/cephadm/operations/#data-location