Re: unable to map device with krbd on el7 with ceph nautilus

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 12:39 PM <cek+ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Although I appreciate the responses, they have provided zero help solving this issue thus far.
> It seems like the kernel module doesn't even get to the stage where it reads the attributes/features of the device. It doesn't know where to connect and, presumably, is confused by the options passed by userspace.

Sorry, your "rbd info" output didn't register with me for some reason.
--id and --user should be equivalent and --name with "client." prefix
should be fine too so my suggestion was useless.

As Marc mentioned, you would need to disable unsupported features but
you are right that the kernel doesn't make it to that point.

> Obviously, I have already tried "--user", "--name" and so on with similar messages in dmesg. I don't feel like downgrading to 10. Any way to make el7 work with 14 userspace utils?

It is expected to work.  Could you please strace "rbd device map"
with something like "strace -f -e write -s 500 rbd device map ..."
and attach the output?

Thanks,

                Ilya