Re: Single ceph client usage with multiple ceph cluster

> Hi ciphers,
>
> We have two ceph clusters in our lab.  We are experimenting to use single
> server as a client for two ceph clusters. Can we use the same client server
> to store keyring for different clusters in ceph.conf file.

The keys are usually in their own files in /etc/ceph, not in ceph.conf.  Give each cluster’s files unique names — it’s not always obvious, but if referenced explicitly the filename is often fairly arbitrary.

> Another query is can we use a single client with multiple vms in it for two different
> clusters?

Please describe your deployment in a bit more detail.  I suspect that the answer is that the VMs are the clients not the server they run on.

For example, when you have, say, a QEMU/KVM based system like OpenStack, typically each VM has a qemu process that runs on the hypervisor system.  Ceph RBD volume attachments are done via librbd and libvirt, independently for each attached volume — which may easily be on different clusters.  The XML config for each such VM either references a ceph*conf file by name, or has the mon IP addresses etc. inlined.