Re: samba cephfs

Oh thanks Magnus for clearing this up. I thought that there was some other fancy config.

Sent: Monday, 12 July 2021 9:40 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: samba cephfs

We are using SL7 to export our cephfs via samba to windows. The
RHEL7/Centos7/SL7 distros do not come with packages for the samba
cephfs module. This is one of the reasons why we are mounting the file
system locally using the kernel cephfs module with the automounter and
reexporting it using vanilla samba. it works a treat.
magnus

On Sun, 2021-07-11 at 22:34 +0000, Marc wrote:
> This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
> You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that
> the email is genuine and the content is safe.
>
> I wanted to have a look at using cephfs with samba, and found this
> suse page[1]
>
> But where does this samba-ceph package come from?
> Is there a manual for rhel?
>

> [1]
> https://documentation.suse.com/ses/6/html/ses-all/cha-ses-cifs.html

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.