upgrading from Nautilus on CentOS7 to Octopus on Ubuntu 20.04.2

Hi,

I’ve been running a staging Ceph environment on CentOS 7/Nautilus for quite a while now. Because of many good reasons that you can probably guess, I am currently trying to move this staging environment to Octopus on Ubuntu 20.04.2.

Since I’m trying to keep the data, but don’t mind downtime at all, my plan was to reinstall one server at a time, removing them from the cluster and adding them back to the cluster, since Octopus and Nautilus should still be compatible with each other. I started with one monitor and now I’m stuck in a weird state. Essentially :

-Monitors see each other and are establishing connections to each other.
-Monitor clocks are synchronized
-Monmap was injected in the reinstalled monitor
-New monitor is recognized in Ceph -s but stuck out of the quorum

Is there something that could prevent a new monitor from establishing quorum if the monmap is the same, the clock is synchronized and it can contact other monitors on the network?

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Senior Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack sénior
PlanetHoster inc.